Friday, May 21, 2010

Counting the days...

I've been trying not to count sleeps but someone else just told me it was now only 20 till we go.  Don't really want to think about that yet; I have 40 days work to do.  

However, that discussion reminded me that I need to begin communicating again, so here's the start!  Time to reset the passwords - AGAIN - (how come I never can remember them, or where I wrote them down in case I forgot?) and remember how to blog and skype and facebook and, and, and...

The bedroom is gradually becoming a walk in wardrobe as I throw things out of drawers to go in the "shall-I-take-it-or-not" pile.  It's pretty hard already to think in terms of 24-28deg heat when I've now dug out the winter woollies.  I find myself accidentally buying merino thermals, again, "just in case".  I've emptied all the non essentials out of my camera bag and they amount to a pile that would probably fit into a thimble.  So much for saving weight in that department... just have to leave a few more clothes behind.  Thank goodness for "no stink" merino!  The nights are getting shorter while I try and cram more into the days and I must remember to figure out whether the Eurail pass does the ferries in Greece... so far we have a big gap in the itinerary where it is meant to say "travel to Greek Island for a week's holiday in the sun".  We have the holiday bit, just not the travel bit.

Wondering if Mark would notice me putting another "shopping" bag inside his pack... Istanbul and the souqs beckon. 

It's tomorrow already - post update next week maybe.

2 comments:

Kiwi Gran said...

I sure hope that CANON performs well......... let me know if you have a problem again.......
Have a wonderful trip and I'll check in on the blog from time to time!

JennyDreams said...

Oh Lynn - did you hear that my camera is back there AGAIN?? Talk to you soon :) I hope my photos live up to expectations (and that they're digital rather than film...)